In the age of IT technologies and Worldwide Web, objects are could not do without computers and telephones, video surveillance, fire alarm and so on. And at a certain stage, there is a need to integrate these disparate systems with a structured cabling network.
When designing a structured cabling systems, the following factors are taken into account:
- customer’s individual requests;
- Features of the workplace location;
- Configuration flexibility;
- The possibility of expanding the system in the future.
The main principles that are guided by the specialists of LLC “Systems of Electrical Protection” during the design and installation of cabling network are practicality and availability, which makes it possible to easily change the configuration of the system and supplement it in the future.
Structured Cabling Systems
Nowadays, any building, whether it is an office, a dwelling house or a production complex, are full of multiple cabling, various information networks, among which we would like to single out the main ones:
- Phone line,
- Local computer network,
- Network of office television,
- Fire and security alarm systems,
- Climate control systems inside the building.
Almost all the main components of information computation system of enterprises / organizations are built on cable systems, which are the “basis” for their operation. Therefore, it requires a competent organization and design of the entire cable system of the selected building. To create intelligent systems, this task is one of the main, it determines the reliability and qualitative functioning of all services, which is necessary for the organization of the company’s work.
It should be noted that the cable system itself should be as capital as the building itself. So, Cable systems are responsible for data transmission over networks. And due to changes in new technologies, various communication standards, hardware models or software version updates, we constantly have to modernize, and in some cases completely replace all weakly current office / enterprise wiring.
The practical solution to the above problems was found in the development of structured cabling systems.
Basic concepts of structured cabling systems
A SCS is a system that represents a hierarchical cabling system of an object or group of objects, which in turn is divided into structural subsystems. SCS consists of a set of copper, and also optical cables, cross – panels, various connecting cords, connectors (cable), modular jacks, information sockets, and also various auxiliary equipment. All the above listed elements are subsequently integrated into a single integrated system and are operated according to certain rules and recommendations.
Long years of experience have confirmed that there are 3 main concepts presented in cabling network:
It implies the possibility of data transfer to the LAN, the transmission of various video information, signals from fire safety / security sensors, the organization of a local telephone network, using a single cable system.
SCS allows you to quickly and easily change over time the configuration of the cabling system, and management of movements inside the building or between buildings.
Carefully planned SCS is resistant to the effects of non-emergency situations, guarantees high reliability, and data protection for many years. The service life of such systems is more than 25 years.
ТWe thus conclude that a structured cabling system is a universal, flexible and the only right solution of the problem, which implies the creation of the communication infrastructure of the building.
There are two variants of the wiring architecture:
- Traditional hierarchical star architecture;
- Single point control architecture.
Let’s list the advantages of SCS over conventional (standard) cable systems:
- The SCS uses a single cable system to transmit data, voice, and video signals;
- SCS uses universal sockets in the workplace, which allow you to connect to them a variety of equipment;
- SCS justifies capital investments, due to a long period of use and operation;
- characterized by modularity, as well as the ability to directly make changes / enhancements without replacing the network;
- Simultaneous use of various (several) network protocols;
- Independent of technology changes;
- uses standard components / materials;
- allows management, administration of a minimum number of maintenance personnel.
Each architecture has its own features and advantages, which should be taken into account when choosing a cable system. Specialists of our company LLC “Systems of Electrical Protection” will help you to choose the optimal wiring architecture, taking into account your preferences and requires.